Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Jane From Disney's Tarzan

For Halloween 2012, my wonderful, gorgeous sister asked me to make her a costume so she could be Jane from Disney's Tarzan.  I was so excited and looked at many different pictures online to see what the character looked like and to see what other people have done.  Oh, course I turned to my brilliant sewing expert (my great mother-in-law) for help and ideas.  Here are the results.

Photos courtesy of Jason Hansen
I used Burda 7880 and New Look 6599 patterns as guides (I do better with patterns).  With my mother-in-law's help, we made the bustle stiffer with some stiff netting.  I didn't make the bustle pillow, but I took a small pillow I had and stitched some ribbon to it. 

Photos courtesy of Jason Hansen
Amazingly, the hardest part of this costume was the collar.  Finally, we used an old collared white shirt to attach our collar.  We wanted the collar to be high. 

Photos courtesy of Jason Hansen
The costume works so well because of how perfect my sister is to be Jane.  Please note that these photos were taken by my talented brother, Jason.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was wondering if you had a Jane Porter dress you would be willing to sell for a decent price before this upcoming Monday? If so, please contact me at kleeholl@gmail.com thank you!

    ReplyDelete