Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Goals and New Projects

This blog started out as a way to show what crafts and projects I did as well as promote my Etsy shop.  Well, I don't have anything in my Etsy shop and have other things taking my time in my life.  So now, this blog will just show what new craft projects I have been up to and other fun things to share.  I hope you enjoy it.

I wanted to show one of my first big sewing projects in a really long time.  My sweet sister asked me to help her make a Lady Gaga Origami dress for her Halloween costume.


I was so touched and nervous.  I told her I would love to and that I would do my best.  I had so much help from my mother-in-law who is just a wiz at sewing.  (She can do anything and it looks wonderful).  I am so grateful to her for her help.

We had to make some changes to the basic dress design (add sleeves, add length, etc).   I used the McCall m6027 pattern (which I would love to just make myself a dress like this someday) and combined the sleeves from B to the dress pattern of C & D.  We used taffeta so that the fabric would be stiff enough to stick out.  It was a lot of fun and in the end it turned out great (which makes sense because my sister makes the dress great).


My sister was wonderfully patient since I finished most of the dress except the hem the day before I had my baby.  She and my mom finished the hem for me.  Thanks you two.

To give you all something to look forward to, I am making a felt playhouse for my daughter for Christmas.  My sister-in-law made one for her daughter and she loved it.  She got the idea from Homemade by Jill.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment