Monday, September 27, 2010

Canopy, Hat, and Shoes!

I apologize for not posting for a long time. I have some new things to show you all. I have been working on a lot of different projects varying from sewing to crocheting.

First, I love infant canopies. I see great fabrics at the store and I just think which ones will look best together and can't wait to make them. The fabric for this canopy, Blue Dots, I have loved for a long time, but couldn't quite find the right accenting fabric to go with it until now.

This canopy has the very popular dark brown background with varying shades and sizes of blue dots. I just love it. It is perfect for a little baby boy or girl! The reverse side fabric is a light blue with a small sized floral design. They just went hand in hand. Please let me know what you think about it.
My next project to tell you about (I will be getting pictures soon. My daughter doesn't want her picture taken at this time) is something that I haven't made since high school. I love fleece beanie hat for wintertime. I had a white and blue pattern fleece hat that I made in high school and I love to wear it.

A year after I made the hat, I found the same pattern, but with pink instead of blue, but I didn't buy it because I was trying to save money. I have been seeing the pattern for over six years now and I was finally able to buy it. I bought enough material to make a hat and matching scarf. I decide to wait to make the matching scarf and make a matching hat for my daughter!
I am so excited for winter to come (and I don't like winter). We are going to wear it to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. As a family, we go to see the lights on the trees most years. This will be the first year my daughter will see them and she will be absolutely warm and adorable!

My last project to share are a pair of crocheted shoes that I made using Anna Virginia's pattern for piggy peeps she posted on Ravelry.com. If you haven't seen Anna's amazing creative ideas, you must check them out here. I am amazed at her creativity and ideas! I didn't know yarn could look so adorable and professional. She has many darling patterns for sale. Please check out her stuff. My shoes that I made just for my daughter are shown below.

I had a great time making them. I only wish my daughter would keep them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment