Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby Blessing Dress

I just graduated from college and I received a sewing machine as a present. I love it! I haven't been able to sew since I graduated from high school. So I undertook a large starting project: baby blessing dress. I made this dress in three days with the wonderful help from my mother-in-law. I didn't see any patterns that were exactly what I wanted, but she helped me modify one we found and I think the final dress was just what I wanted.



It is a white satin with a simple design. I placed ribbon at the hem and a bow at the waistline.

Ribbon at Hem
Bow at Waistline
The sleeves have a slight fullness to them to add femininity. I think the baby loved her blessing dress and she looks beautiful in it. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love this "Blessing Dress"...you did a great job! The baby is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete